Communities can be divided into multiple groups and use these groups to target your content. Groups can be based on employee function or customer segment, but don’t feel limited by a single group. It is possible to assign multiple groups to a single advocate which allows you to create your targets as efficiently as possible.
For instance, a fictitious user John could be assigned to
Adding Advocate Groups can be accomplished by navigating to:
- Click on your organisation name in the top right corner
- Click on the
Settingsitem shown in the dropdown
- From the left sidebar select the item
- Click the
Create Groupbutton to make a new group
- Type in a name for the new group you wish to create and hit enter
- Afterwards, you can edit any group with the
- Every group has a checkbox
Editable by member. If you enable this setting, members will be able to join and leave these groups by going to their profile page in the community.
When creating posts or messages, different groups can be targeted via filters.
- Finally, your community members (advocate) also have the option to change the groups that are assigned to them. They can do this by going to the
Edit Profilesection in the community.